HB 525: Pub.Rec./Petitions for Human Trafficking Victim Expungement
PUBLIC RECORDS/GENERAL BILL by Toledo ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Bartleman ; Benjamin ; Bush ; Chambliss ; Chaney ; Hart ; Hunschofsky ; Joseph ; Robinson, F. ; Slosberg ; Tant ; Woodson
Pub.Rec./Petitions for Human Trafficking Victim Expungement; Provides petition for human trafficking victim expungement & all pleadings & documents related to petition are confidential & exempt from public records requirements; provides for future legislative review & repeal of exemption; provides statement of public necessity.
Last Action: 4/30/2021 Senate - Died in Rules, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 1826 (Ch. 2021-189)
Bill Text: PDF
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Criminal Justice & Public Safety Subcommittee
• Referred to Government Operations Subcommittee
• Referred to Judiciary Committee
• Now in Criminal Justice & Public Safety Subcommittee
• 1st Reading (Original Filed Version)
• Added to Criminal Justice & Public Safety Subcommittee agenda
• Favorable by Criminal Justice & Public Safety Subcommittee
• Reported out of Criminal Justice & Public Safety Subcommittee
• Now in Government Operations Subcommittee
• Added to Government Operations Subcommittee agenda
• Favorable by Government Operations Subcommittee
• Reported out of Government Operations Subcommittee
• Now in Judiciary Committee
• Added to Judiciary Committee agenda
• Favorable by Judiciary Committee
• Reported out of Judiciary Committee
• Bill released to House Calendar
• Added to Second Reading Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (4/15/2021)
• Read 2nd time
• Read 3rd time
• Passed; YEAS 117, NAYS 0
• Immediately certified
• Message sent to senate
• In Messages
• Referred to Rules -SJ 494
• Received -SJ 494
• Died in Rules, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 1826 (Ch. 2021-189)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.