CS/CS/SB 566: Motor Vehicle Rentals
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Banking and Insurance ; Perry
Motor Vehicle Rentals; Specifying the applicable sales tax rate on motor vehicle leases and rentals by motor vehicle rental companies and peer-to-peer car-sharing programs; specifying applicability of the surcharge; requiring motor vehicle rental companies to collect specified surcharges; specifying the applicable rental car surcharge on peer-to-peer car-sharing program agreements involving shared vehicles; specifying motor vehicle insurance requirements for peer-to-peer car-sharing programs, etc.
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Transportation; Appropriations -SJ 75
• Introduced -SJ 75
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 03/16/21, 9:30 am, 412 Knott Building --Temporarily Postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 03/24/21, 8:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 11 NAYS 1 -SJ 313
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Transportation
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation, 03/30/21, 3:30 pm, 110 Senate Building
• CS by Banking and Insurance read 1st time -SJ 315
• Favorable by Transportation; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 341
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/19/21, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 13 NAYS 7 -SJ 472
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 475
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/22/21 -SJ 642
• Read 2nd time -SJ 612
• Amendment(s) failed (499310) -SJ 613
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 663
• CS passed; YEAS 28 NAYS 12 -SJ 663
• In Messages
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (4/27/2021)
• 1st Reading (Committee Substitute 2)
• Read 2nd time
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• CS passed; YEAS 101, NAYS 15
• Message sent to senate
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 845
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2021-175
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.