CS/CS/SB 748: Courts
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Judiciary ; Brandes
Courts; Deleting the requirement that the Clerk of the Supreme Court physically keep books, records, and other materials in the clerk’s office; requiring the clerks of the circuit court to collaborate with specified entities to prepare a plan to procure or develop a statewide electronic solution to accurately identify all assessments mandated by statute; providing for the periodic inflationary adjustment of the monetary jurisdictional limit applicable to all actions at law in county courts filed on or after a specified date, beginning in a specified year; requiring the clerk of a district court of appeal to have an office at the headquarters of the court, etc.
Last Action: 4/26/2021 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 1197 (Ch. 2021-230) -SJ 692
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Judiciary (JU)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice (ACJ)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Judiciary; Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; Appropriations -SJ 91
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/02/21, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Introduced -SJ 91
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 191
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice
• CS by Judiciary read 1st time -SJ 231
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice, 03/24/21, 4:30 pm, 37 Senate Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS/CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 325
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/15/21, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/19/21, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 20 NAYS 0 -SJ 472
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/22/21 -SJ 642
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 476
• Retained on Special Order Calendar -SJ 642
• Read 2nd time -SJ 691
• Substituted CS/HB 1197 -SJ 692
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 1197 (Ch. 2021-230) -SJ 692
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.