CS/SB 776: Racketeering
GENERAL BILL by Criminal Justice ; Gainer
Racketeering; Revising the definition of the term “racketeering activity” to include certain actions relating to wild animal life, freshwater aquatic life, or marine life, etc.
Last Action: 4/27/2021 House - Message sent to senate
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Environment and Natural Resources; Rules -SJ 93
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 02/16/21, 9:00 am, 110 Senate Building
• CS by Criminal Justice; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 178
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Environment and Natural Resources
• On Committee agenda-- Environment and Natural Resources, 03/02/21, 1:30 pm, 37 Senate Building
• Introduced -SJ 93
• Favorable by Environment and Natural Resources; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 177
• Now in Rules
• CS by Criminal Justice read 1st time -SJ 173
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 03/18/21, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -SJ 271
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/25/21 -SJ 312
• Retained on Special Order Calendar -SJ 311
• Read 2nd time -SJ 340
• Amendment(s) adopted (594970, 931580) -SJ 341
• Read 3rd time -SJ 341
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 341
• Immediately certified -SJ 341
• In Messages
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (4/26/2021)
• 1st Reading (Engrossed 1)
• Amendment 400055 filed
• Read 2nd time
• Amendment 400055 withdrawn
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• CS passed; YEAS 116, NAYS 0
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 746
• Message sent to senate
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.