CS/SB 78: Dues and Uniform Assessments
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary ; Rodrigues
Dues and Uniform Assessments; Requiring that a public employee who desires to join an employee organization sign a membership authorization form; requiring an employee organization to revoke an employee’s membership upon receipt of the employee’s request for revocation; providing that certain deductions commence upon the employer’s receipt and confirmation of the employee’s signed deduction authorization form; specifying the time period that an employee’s authorization to deduct dues and uniform assessments remains in effect, etc.
Last Action: 4/30/2021 Senate - Died in Rules
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Governmental Oversight and Accountability (GO)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 42
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 01/27/21, 9:00 am, 37 Senate Building
• Favorable by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 4 NAYS 2 -SJ 177
• Now in Judiciary
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 02/01/21, 2:30 pm, 412 Knott Building --Temporarily Postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 02/10/21, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 02/18/21, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building --Not Received
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 6 NAYS 4 -SJ 179
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Rules
• Introduced -SJ 42
• CS by Judiciary read 1st time -SJ 164
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 03/04/21, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building --Not Considered
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/06/21, 9:30 am, 412 Knott Building --Temporarily Postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/14/21, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building --Temporarily Postponed
• Died in Rules
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.