SB 82: Sponsorship Identification Disclaimers
GENERAL BILL by Baxley ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Hutson
Sponsorship Identification Disclaimers; Modifying provisions governing general independent expenditure disclaimers to conform to changes made by the act; removing an exemption for text messages from certain requirements governing political advertisement disclaimers to conform to changes made by the act; establishing sponsorship identification disclaimer requirements for certain text messages; modifying existing requirements governing telephone call disclaimers; requiring specified persons and organizations sending certain paid text messages to have and maintain a registered agent for specified purposes, etc.
- Ethics and Elections (EE)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Ethics and Elections; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 43
• On Committee agenda-- Ethics and Elections, 02/16/21, 12:30 pm, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by Ethics and Elections; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 177
• Now in Judiciary
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/02/21, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Introduced -SJ 42
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 191
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 03/25/21, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -SJ 324
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/07/21 -SJ 378
• Read 2nd time -SJ 371
• Read 3rd time -SJ 371
• Passed; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 371
• Immediately certified -SJ 378
• In Messages
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (4/27/2021)
• 1st Reading (Original Filed Version)
• Read 2nd time
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• Passed; YEAS 111, NAYS 3
• Message sent to senate
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 844
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2021-49
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.