CS/SB 84: Retirement
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Rodrigues
Retirement; Providing for compulsory membership in the Florida Retirement System Investment Plan for specified employees initially enrolled on or after a specified date; modifying provisions governing participation in the investment plan for individuals who are eligible to participate in the State University System Optional Retirement Program to conform to changes made by the act; modifying provisions governing the administration of the investment plan to reflect compulsory membership for specified employees, etc.
Last Action: 4/30/2021 House - Died in State Affairs Committee
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Governmental Oversight and Accountability (GO)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Appropriations -SJ 43
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 02/04/21, 8:30 am, 37 Senate Building
• Favorable by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 4 NAYS 2 -SJ 176
• Now in Appropriations
• Introduced -SJ 43
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 03/31/21, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/01/21, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 12 NAYS 8 -SJ 343
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/07/21 -SJ 378
• CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 346
• Read 2nd time -SJ 369
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 394
• CS passed; YEAS 24 NAYS 16 -SJ 394, 395
• Immediately certified -SJ 408
• In Messages
• Referred to State Affairs Committee
• Referred to Appropriations Committee
• Now in State Affairs Committee
• 1st Reading (Committee Substitute 1)
• Died in State Affairs Committee
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.