SB 862: Digital License Plate Pilot Program
GENERAL BILL by Gruters
Digital License Plate Pilot Program; Deleting provisions relating to the authority of the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles to conduct a pilot program to evaluate the designs, concepts, and technologies for alternative license plates; creating the Digital License Plate Pilot Program within the department; authorizing the department to contract with digital license plate providers; specifying requirements for digital license plates and for digital license plate providers, etc.
Last Action: 4/30/2021 Senate - Died in Appropriations
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Transportation; Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development; Appropriations -SJ 99
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation, 03/03/21, 9:30 am, 110 Senate Building
• Introduced -SJ 99
• Favorable by Transportation; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 190
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development, 04/08/21, 9:00 am, 110 Senate Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development; YEAS 7 NAYS 4 -SJ 465
• Now in Appropriations
• Died in Appropriations
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.