CS/CS/SB 890: Use of Electronic Databases
GENERAL BILL by Rules ; Criminal Justice ; Hooper
Use of Electronic Databases; Prohibiting the use or release, not authorized by law, of any information contained in the Driver and Vehicle Information Database; requiring the law enforcement accreditation program to address access to and use of personal identification information contained in electronic databases; requiring the Criminal Justice Standards and Training Commission to incorporate into the course curriculum required for initial certification of law enforcement officers instruction on the authorized access to and use of personal identification information contained in electronic databases, etc.
- Criminal Justice (CJ)
- Transportation (TR)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Transportation; Rules -SJ 101
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 02/16/21, 9:00 am, 110 Senate Building
• CS by Criminal Justice; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 179
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Transportation
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation, 03/03/21, 9:30 am, 110 Senate Building
• Introduced -SJ 101
• CS by Criminal Justice read 1st time -SJ 174
• Favorable by Transportation; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 191
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 03/18/21, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Rules; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -SJ 272
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS/CS by Rules read 1st time -SJ 276
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/25/21 -SJ 312
• Read 2nd time -SJ 310
• Read 3rd time -SJ 310
• CS passed; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 310
• Immediately certified -SJ 311
• In Messages
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (4/27/2021)
• 1st Reading (Committee Substitute 2)
• Read 2nd time
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• CS passed; YEAS 113, NAYS 0
• Message sent to senate
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 845
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2021-129
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.