CS/CS/SB 894: Physician Assistants
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Health Policy ; Diaz
Physician Assistants; Revising legislative intent; defining and redefining terms; revising a limitation on the number of physician assistants a physician may supervise at one time; deleting a requirement that a physician assistant inform his or her patients that they have the right to see a physician before the physician assistant prescribes or dispenses a prescription; authorizing physician assistants to procure drugs and medical devices; revising requirements for a certain formulary; authorizing physician assistants to authenticate documents that may be authenticated by a physician, etc.
Last Action: 4/26/2021 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 431 (Ch. 2021-204) -SJ 679
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Health Policy; Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; Appropriations -SJ 101
• Introduced -SJ 101
• On Committee agenda-- Health Policy, 03/17/21, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Health Policy; YEAS 7 NAYS 3 -SJ 282
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services
• CS by Health Policy read 1st time -SJ 283
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services, 04/08/21, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS/CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 465
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/21/21, 4:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 17 NAYS 3 -SJ 642
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/26/21 -SJ 720
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 643
• Read 2nd time -SJ 679
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 431 -SJ 679
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 431 (Ch. 2021-204) -SJ 679
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.