CS/CS/SB 896: Renewable Energy
Renewable Energy; Defining the term “solar facility”; providing that solar facilities are a permitted use in local government comprehensive plan agricultural land use categories and certain agricultural zoning districts; authorizing the Florida Public Service Commission to approve cost recovery by a gas public utility for certain contracts for the purchase of renewable natural gas, etc.
• Referred to Regulated Industries; Environment and Natural Resources; Rules -SJ 101
• Introduced -SJ 101
• On Committee agenda-- Regulated Industries, 03/09/21, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building --Temporarily Postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Regulated Industries, 03/16/21, 3:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Regulated Industries; YEAS 7 NAYS 1 -SJ 271
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Environment and Natural Resources
• CS by Regulated Industries read 1st time -SJ 276
• On Committee agenda-- Environment and Natural Resources, 03/29/21, 3:30 pm, 37 Senate Building
• Favorable by Environment and Natural Resources; YEAS 3 NAYS 2 -SJ 324
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/20/21, 8:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Rules; YEAS 11 NAYS 5 -SJ 559
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/22/21 -SJ 642
• CS/CS by Rules read 1st time -SJ 559
• Read 2nd time -SJ 618
• Amendment(s) adopted (633872) -SJ 618
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 622
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 667
• In Messages
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 25 NAYS 14 -SJ 667
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (4/27/2021)
• 1st Reading (Engrossed 1)
• Read 2nd time
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• CS passed; YEAS 86, NAYS 29
• Message sent to senate
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 845
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2021-178
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.