SB 480: Required Instruction in Public Schools
GENERAL BILL by Burgess ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Book ; Rodrigues
Required Instruction in Public Schools; Requiring members of the instructional staff of public schools to provide instruction on social media literacy; defining the term “social media”; requiring district school boards to make social media literacy instructional material available online, etc.
Last Action: 3/14/2022 Senate - Died in Appropriations Subcommittee on Education
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Education (ED)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education (AED)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Education; Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Appropriations -SJ 28
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 11/30/21, 12:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Education; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 94
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Education
• Introduced -SJ 27
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Appropriations Subcommittee on Education
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.