CS/CS/SB 1430: Insolvent Insurers
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Banking and Insurance ; Burgess
Insolvent Insurers; Revising a prohibition against certain insolvent insurers’ former officers or directors serving as officers or directors of an insurer or having direct or indirect control over certain selection or appointment of officers or directors, to allow such activities unless the Office of Insurance Regulation enters a specified order; providing required factors to be used in the determination and fixing of rates for premiums paid to insolvent insurers for specified coverages; authorizing insurers remitting assessments to the Florida Insurance Guaranty Association, Incorporated, to elect not to recoup advances; revising a requirement for information regarding assessment percentages which must be specified by the Office of Insurance Regulation in orders levying assessments, etc.
Last Action: 3/4/2022 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 1023 (Ch. 2022-139) -SJ 665
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Appropriations Subcommittee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government; Appropriations -SJ 126
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 01/18/22, 3:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Introduced -SJ 126
• CS by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 210
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Banking and Insurance read 1st time -SJ 212
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government, 02/16/22, 1:00 pm, 110 Senate Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS/CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 433
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/28/22, 10:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 19 NAYS 0 -SJ 521
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/04/22 -SJ 689
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 527
• Read 2nd time -SJ 664
• Substituted CS/HB 1023 -SJ 665
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 1023 (Ch. 2022-139) -SJ 665
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.