CS/SJR 1746: Homestead Property Tax Exemption
JOINT RESOLUTION by Finance and Tax ; Brodeur
Homestead Property Tax Exemption; Proposing amendments to the State Constitution to authorize the Legislature, by general law, for all levies other than school district levies, to grant an additional homestead property tax exemption on $50,000 of the assessed value of homestead property owned by classroom teachers, law enforcement officers, correctional officers, firefighters, child welfare services professionals, active duty members of the United States Armed Forces, and members of the Florida National Guard, etc.
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Finance and Tax (FT)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Community Affairs; Finance and Tax; Appropriations -SJ 150
• Introduced -SJ 150
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 01/25/22, 3:30 pm, 37 Senate Building
• Favorable by Community Affairs; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 217
• Now in Finance and Tax
• On Committee agenda-- Finance and Tax, 02/10/22, 11:00 am, 110 Senate Building
• CS by Finance and Tax; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 370
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations
• CS by Finance and Tax read 1st time -SJ 381
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Appropriations, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HJR 1 (Passed), CS/CS/HB 1563 (Ch. 2022-219)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.