CS/HB 395: "Victims of Communism Day"
GENERAL BILL by Education and Employment Committee ; Borrero ; Rizo ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Avila ; Bartleman ; Botana ; Byrd ; DiCeglie ; Drake ; Fabricio ; Fernandez-Barquin ; Fischer ; Garrison ; Gregory ; Maggard ; Maney ; McClain ; Perez ; Sabatini ; Shoaf ; Toledo ; Truenow ; Valdés ; Willhite ; Yarborough ; Zika
"Victims of Communism Day"; Requires Governor to proclaim November 7 of each year as "Victims of Communism Day"; requires day to be observed in public schools & by public exercise; requires day other than November 7 to be observed by public schools under specified circumstance; requires high school students to receive specified instruction; requires SBE to adopt specified revised social studies standards.
• Referred to Secondary Education & Career Development Subcommittee
• Referred to Government Operations Subcommittee
• Referred to Education & Employment Committee
• Now in Secondary Education & Career Development Subcommittee
• Added to Secondary Education & Career Development Subcommittee agenda
• 1st Reading (Original Filed Version)
• Favorable by Secondary Education & Career Development Subcommittee
• Reported out of Secondary Education & Career Development Subcommittee
• Now in Government Operations Subcommittee
• Added to Government Operations Subcommittee agenda
• Favorable by Government Operations Subcommittee
• Reported out of Government Operations Subcommittee
• Now in Education & Employment Committee
• Added to Education & Employment Committee agenda
• Favorable with CS by Education & Employment Committee
• Reported out of Education & Employment Committee
• Laid on Table under Rule 7.18(a)
• CS Filed
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (2/22/2022)
• 1st Reading (Committee Substitute 1)
• Read 2nd time
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• CS passed; YEAS 115, NAYS 0
• Immediately certified
• In Messages
• Referred to Appropriations -SJ 460
• Received -SJ 460
• Withdrawn from Appropriations -SJ 512
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Substituted for CS/SB 268 -SJ 512
• Read 2nd time -SJ 512
• Read 3rd time -SJ 512
• CS passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 512
• In Messages
• Ordered enrolled
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2022-98
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.