CS/SB 838: Fire Investigators
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Wright ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Polsky ; Hooper
Fire Investigators; Revising the definition of the term “firefighter” to include full-time, Florida-certified fire investigators for the purpose of expanding eligibility for certain cancer treatment benefits to such investigators; providing a declaration of important state interest, etc.
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Community Affairs; Appropriations -SJ 56
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 12/01/21, 8:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 95
• Now in Community Affairs
• Introduced -SJ 56
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 01/18/22, 3:30 pm, 37 Senate Building
• Favorable by Community Affairs; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 210
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 01/27/22, 11:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -SJ 244
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/03/22 -SJ 337
• CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 246
• Read 2nd time -SJ 331
• Read 3rd time -SJ 331
• CS passed; YEAS 37 NAYS 0 -SJ 331
• Immediately certified -SJ 337
• In Messages
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (3/3/2022)
• 1st Reading (Committee Substitute 1)
• Substituted for CS/HB 557
• Read 2nd time
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• CS passed; YEAS 112, NAYS 0
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 695
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2022-131
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.