CS/SB 50: Public Records/Judicial Assistants
PUBLIC RECORDS/GENERAL BILL by Governmental Oversight and Accountability ; Wright
Public Records/Judicial Assistants; Adding current judicial assistants and their spouses and children to the list of specified agency personnel and family members to whom an exemption from public records requirements for identification and location information applies; providing for future legislative review and repeal of the exemption; providing a statement of public necessity, etc.
- Judiciary (JU)
- Governmental Oversight and Accountability (GO)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Judiciary; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 01/17/23, 3:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 11 NAYS 1
• Now in Governmental Oversight and Accountability
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 03/15/23, 1:00 pm, 37 Senate Building
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 8 NAYS 0
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Rules
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Accountability read 1st time
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 03/30/23, 8:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 19 NAYS 0
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/11/23
• Read 2nd time -SJ 362
• Read 3rd time -SJ 362
• CS passed; YEAS 37 NAYS 2 -SJ 363
• In Messages
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (4/18/2023)
• 1st Reading (Committee Substitute 1)
• Substituted for CS/HB 75
• Read 2nd time
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• CS passed; YEAS 117, NAYS 0
• Ordered enrolled
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2023-131
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.