2007 Florida Statutes
Energy data collection; powers and duties of the Department of Environmental Protection.
377.603 Energy data collection; powers and duties of the Department of Environmental Protection.--
(1) The department shall collect data on the extraction, production, importation, exportation, refinement, transportation, transmission, conversion, storage, sale, or reserves of energy resources in this state in an efficient and expeditious manner.
(2) The department shall prepare periodic reports of energy data it collects.
(3) The department shall prescribe and furnish forms for the collection of information as required by ss. 377.601-377.608 and shall consult with other state entities to assure that such data collected will meet their data requirements.
(4) The department may adopt and promulgate such rules and regulations as are necessary to carry out the provisions of ss. 377.601-377.608. Such rules shall be pursuant to chapter 120.
(5) The department shall maintain internal validation procedures to assure the accuracy of information received.
History.--s. 3, ch. 74-186; s. 122, ch. 77-104; s. 2, ch. 78-25; s. 124, ch. 79-190; s. 6, ch. 91-113; s. 13, ch. 2004-243.