- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2009 Florida Statutes
Descent of homestead.
732.401 Descent of homestead.--
(1) If not devised as permitted by law and the Florida Constitution, the homestead shall descend in the same manner as other intestate property; but if the decedent is survived by a spouse and one or more descendants, the surviving spouse shall take a life estate in the homestead, with a vested remainder to the descendants in being at the time of the decedent's death per stirpes.
(2) Subsection (1) shall not apply to property that the decedent and the surviving spouse owned as tenants by the entirety.
History.--s. 1, ch. 74-106; s. 17, ch. 75-220; s. 37, ch. 2001-226; s. 12, ch. 2007-74.
Note.--Created from former s. 731.27.