- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2017 Florida Statutes
408.035 Review criteria.—
(1) The agency shall determine the reviewability of applications and shall review applications for certificate-of-need determinations for health care facilities and health services in context with the following criteria, except for general hospitals as defined in s. 395.002:
(a) The need for the health care facilities and health services being proposed.
(b) The availability, quality of care, accessibility, and extent of utilization of existing health care facilities and health services in the service district of the applicant.
(c) The ability of the applicant to provide quality of care and the applicant’s record of providing quality of care.
(d) The availability of resources, including health personnel, management personnel, and funds for capital and operating expenditures, for project accomplishment and operation.
(e) The extent to which the proposed services will enhance access to health care for residents of the service district.
(f) The immediate and long-term financial feasibility of the proposal.
(g) The extent to which the proposal will foster competition that promotes quality and cost-effectiveness.
(h) The costs and methods of the proposed construction, including the costs and methods of energy provision and the availability of alternative, less costly, or more effective methods of construction.
(i) The applicant’s past and proposed provision of health care services to Medicaid patients and the medically indigent.
(j) The applicant’s designation as a Gold Seal Program nursing facility pursuant to s. 400.235, when the applicant is requesting additional nursing home beds at that facility.
(2) For a general hospital, the agency shall consider only the criteria specified in paragraph (1)(a), paragraph (1)(b), except for quality of care in paragraph (1)(b), and paragraphs (1)(e), (g), and (i).
History.—s. 22, ch. 87-92; s. 20, ch. 88-294; s. 15, ch. 92-33; ss. 37, 50, ch. 93-217; s. 30, ch. 95-210; s. 36, ch. 97-103; s. 39, ch. 97-264; s. 2, ch. 97-270; s. 20, ch. 99-394; s. 6, ch. 2000-256; s. 7, ch. 2000-318; s. 5, ch. 2004-383; s. 1, ch. 2008-29.
Note.—Former s. 381.705.