2020 Florida Statutes
(1) The board by rule may establish fees to be paid for applications, examination, reexamination, licensing and renewal, inactive status application and reactivation of inactive licenses, and recordmaking and recordkeeping. The board may also establish by rule a delinquency fee. The board shall establish fees that are adequate to ensure the continued operation of the board. Fees shall be based on department estimates of the revenue required to implement this chapter and the provisions of law with respect to the regulation of engineers.
(2) The initial application and examination fee shall not exceed $125 plus the actual per applicant cost to the management corporation to purchase the examination from the National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying or a similar national organization. The examination fee shall be in an amount which covers the cost of obtaining and administering the examination and shall be refunded if the applicant is found ineligible to sit for the examination. The application fee shall be nonrefundable.
(3) The initial license fee shall not exceed $125.
(4) Qualification of a business organization under s. 471.023 shall not require payment of a fee.
(5) The biennial renewal fee shall not exceed $125.
(6) The fee for a temporary registration or certificate to practice engineering shall not exceed $25 for an individual or $50 for a business firm.
(7) The fee for licensure by endorsement shall not exceed $150.
(8) The fee for application for inactive status or for reactivation of an inactive license shall not exceed $150.
History.—ss. 4, 42, ch. 79-243; ss. 2, 3, ch. 81-318; s. 20, ch. 88-205; ss. 6, 14, 15, ch. 89-30; s. 4, ch. 91-429; s. 212, ch. 94-119; s. 1, ch. 97-312; s. 34, ch. 2000-356; s. 5, ch. 2000-372; s. 4, ch. 2019-86.