- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2021 Florida Statutes (Including 2021B Session)
23.21 Definitions.—For purposes of this part:
(1) “Department” means a principal administrative unit within the executive branch of state government as defined in chapter 20 and includes the State Board of Administration, the Executive Office of the Governor, the Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission, the Florida Commission on Offender Review, the Agency for Health Care Administration, the State Board of Education, the Board of Governors of the State University System, the Justice Administrative Commission, the capital collateral regional counsel, and separate budget entities placed for administrative purposes within a department.
(2) “Paperwork burden” means the resources expended by the entity providing information. Resources may include the time, effort, or financial expenditure associated with reviewing the instructions; acquiring, installing, and using technology to obtain, compile, or report the information; searching data sources; completing and reviewing the collected information; or transmitting the required information to the requesting department.
(3) “Collect information” means the obtaining, causing to be obtained, soliciting, or requiring the disclosure to third parties of facts or opinions by or for a department, regardless of form or format, calling for answers to identical questions posed to, or identical reporting or recordkeeping requirements imposed on, 10 or more persons, other than departments or employees of this state.
History.—s. 3, ch. 96-390; s. 63, ch. 99-245; s. 3, ch. 2006-1; s. 4, ch. 2007-217; s. 5, ch. 2014-191.