The Senate will convene at 10:30 a.m. on Monday, December 12, 2022, for the 2022 Special Session A.
Special Session on Hurricane Relief, Property Insurance, Toll Credits
The Florida Legislature will convene in Special Session to consider reforms to ensure Floridians have access to reliable and affordable property insurance, provide property tax relief to Floridians whose homes are uninhabitable due to recent hurricanes, and to establish a statewide toll credit program for commuters.
The Florida Senate wishes you and those you cherish a joyful and blessed holiday season.
2022 Organization Session
The Senate convened in Organization Session on November 22, 2022. Senator Kathleen Passidomo of Naples was elected Senate President and Senator Dennis Baxley of Ocala was elected President Pro Tempore.
Interim Committee Meetings
The Interim Committee Meeting Schedule (PDF) is available. Weekly schedules and meeting notices will be posted prior to the meetings. The Regular Session convenes on Tuesday, March 7, 2023.
- Joint Proclamation for Special Session A - Hurricane Relief, Property Insurance Reform, Toll Credit Program (pdf) December 6, 2022 - Publication by President's Office
- Committee Leadership and Committee Assignments (pdf) December 5, 2022 - Publication by President's Office
- Senate District 40 November Newsletter - Senator Ana Maria Rodriguez (pdf) November 30, 2022 - Publication by Senator Rodriguez
- December Special Session Dates (pdf) November 28, 2022 - Publication by President's Office
- Senate President Kathleen Passidomo Remarks as Prepared for Delivery November 22, 2022 - Press Release by President's Office
- Senator Kathleen Passidomo Unanimously Elected Senate President November 22, 2022 - Press Release by President's Office
- Election of the Senate Secretary (pdf) November 15, 2022 - Publication by President's Office
- Memorandum Announcing President-Designate Passidomo's Leadership Team (pdf) November 14, 2022 - Publication by President's Office