- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2004 Florida Statutes
Final reports and application for discharge; hearing.
744.527 Final reports and application for discharge; hearing.--
(1) When the court terminates the guardianship, the guardian shall promptly file his or her final report. If no objections are filed and if it appears that the guardian has made full and complete distribution to the person entitled and has otherwise faithfully discharged his or her duties, the court shall approve the final report. If objections are filed, the court shall conduct a hearing in the same manner as provided for a hearing on objections to annual guardianship reports.
(2) The guardian applying for discharge is authorized to retain from the funds in his or her possession a sufficient amount to pay the final costs of administration, including guardian and attorney's fees regardless of the death of the ward, accruing between the filing of his or her final returns and the order of discharge.
History.--s. 1, ch. 74-106; ss. 21, 26, ch. 75-222; s. 91, ch. 89-96; s. 65, ch. 90-271; s. 1112, ch. 97-102.
Note.--Created from former s. 746.13.