2009 Florida Statutes
Disclosure of condition of building and estimated replacement costs.
719.616 Disclosure of condition of building and estimated replacement costs.--
(1) Each developer of a residential cooperative created by converting existing, previously occupied improvements to such form of ownership shall disclose the condition of the improvements and the condition of certain components and their current estimated replacement costs.
(2) The following information shall be stated concerning the improvements:
(a) The date and type of construction.
(b) The prior use.
(c) Whether there is termite damage or infestation and whether the termite damage or infestation, if any, has been properly treated. The statement shall be substantiated by including, as an exhibit, an inspection report by a certified pest control operator.
(3)(a) Disclosure of condition shall be made for each of the following components that the existing improvements may include:
3. Fireproofing and fire protection systems.
5. Heating and cooling systems.
7. Electrical systems.
8. Swimming pool.
10. Pavement and parking areas.
11. Drainage systems.
(b) For each component, the following information shall be disclosed and substantiated by attaching a copy of a certificate under seal of an architect or engineer authorized to practice in this state:
1. The age of the component.
2. The estimated remaining useful life of the component.
3. The estimated current replacement cost of the component, expressed:
a. As a total amount, and
b. As a per unit amount, based upon each unit's proportional share of the common expenses.
4. The structural and functional soundness of the component.
History.--s. 7, ch. 80-3; s. 41, ch. 86-175; s. 20, ch. 94-350.