- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2010 Florida Statutes
Emergency registration upon death of contractor.
Emergency registration upon death of contractor.—
If an incomplete contract exists at the time of death of a contractor, the contract may be completed by any person even though not certified. The person shall notify the appropriate board, within 30 days after the death of the contractor, of his or her name and address, knowledge of the contract, and ability to complete it. If the board approves, he or she may proceed with the contract. The board shall then issue an emergency registration which shall expire upon the completion of the contract. For purposes of this section, and upon written approval of the board, an incomplete contract may be one which has been awarded to, or entered into by, the contractor before his or her death, or on which he or she was the low bidder and the contract is subsequently awarded to him or her, regardless of whether any actual work has commenced under the contract before the contractor’s death.
ss. 11, 17, ch. 79-272; ss. 2, 3, ch. 81-318; ss. 13, 21, 23, ch. 88-149; s. 4, ch. 91-429; s. 497, ch. 97-103.