2011 Florida Statutes
607.0701 Annual meeting.—
(1) A corporation shall hold a meeting of shareholders annually, for the election of directors and for the transaction of any proper business, at a time stated in or fixed in accordance with the bylaws.
(2) Annual shareholders’ meetings may be held in or out of this state at a place stated in or fixed in accordance with the bylaws or, when not inconsistent with the bylaws, stated in the notice of the annual meeting. If no place is stated in or fixed in accordance with the bylaws, or stated in the notice of the annual meeting, annual meetings shall be held at the corporation’s principal office.
(3) The failure to hold the annual meeting at the time stated in or fixed in accordance with a corporation’s bylaws or pursuant to this act does not affect the validity of any corporate action and shall not work a forfeiture of or dissolution of the corporation.
(4) If authorized by the board of directors, and subject to such guidelines and procedures as the board of directors may adopt, shareholders and proxy holders not physically present at an annual meeting of shareholders may, by means of remote communication:
(a) Participate in an annual meeting of shareholders.
(b) Be deemed present in person and vote at an annual meeting of shareholders, whether such meeting is to be held at a designated place or solely by means of remote communication, provided that:
1. The corporation shall implement reasonable measures to verify that each person deemed present and permitted to vote at the annual meeting by means of remote communication is a shareholder or proxy holder;
2. The corporation shall implement reasonable measures to provide such shareholders or proxy holders a reasonable opportunity to participate in the annual meeting and to vote on matters submitted to the shareholders, including, without limitation, an opportunity to communicate and to read or hear the proceedings of the annual meeting substantially concurrently with such proceedings; and
3. If any shareholder or proxy holder votes or takes other action at the annual meeting by means of remote communication, a record of such vote or other action shall be maintained by the corporation.
History.—s. 49, ch. 89-154; s. 9, ch. 2003-283.