- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2011 Florida Statutes
92.142 Witnesses; pay.—
(1) Witnesses in all cases, civil and criminal, in all courts, now or hereafter created, and witnesses summoned before any arbitrator or general or special magistrate appointed by the court shall receive for each day’s actual attendance $5 and also 6 cents per mile for actual distance traveled to and from the courts. A witness in a criminal case required to appear in a county other than the county of his or her residence and residing more than 50 miles from the location of the trial shall be entitled to per diem and travel expenses at the same rate provided for state employees under s. 112.061, in lieu of any other witness fee.
(2) An employee of the state who is required, as a direct result of employment, to appear as an official witness to testify in the course of any action in any court of this state, or before an administrative law judge, a hearing officer, hearing examiner, or any board or commission of the state or of its agencies, instrumentalities, or political subdivisions, shall be considered to be on duty during such appearance and shall be entitled to per diem and travel expenses as provided in s. 112.061. Except as provided in s. 92.141 and as provided in this subsection, such employee shall be required to tender to the employing agency any witness fee and other expense reimbursement received by the employee for such appearance.
(3) Any witness subpoenaed to testify on behalf of the state in any action brought pursuant to s. 895.05 or chapter 542 who is required to travel outside his or her county of residence and more than 50 miles from his or her residence, or who is required to travel from out of state, shall be entitled to per diem and travel expenses at the same rate provided for state employees under s. 112.061 in lieu of any state witness fee.
History.—s. 5, ch. 3106, 1879; RS 1103; s. 1, ch. 4387, 1895; GS 1512; s. 2, ch. 5649, 1907; s. 1, ch. 6905, 1915; s. 1, ch. 7280, 1917; RGS 2712; CGL 4379; s. 1, ch. 29927, 1955; s. 8, ch. 65-483; s. 1, ch. 67-401; s. 15, ch. 73-334; s. 3, ch. 76-237; s. 1, ch. 77-77; s. 1, ch. 78-175; s. 22, ch. 78-361; ss. 1, 2, ch. 78-379; s. 1, ch. 83-36; s. 506, ch. 95-147; s. 9, ch. 96-410; s. 59, ch. 2004-11; s. 36, ch. 2005-236.
Note.—Former s. 90.14.