- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2012 Florida Statutes
343.52 Definitions.—As used in this part, the term:
(1) “Authority” means the South Florida Regional Transportation Authority.
(2) “Board” means the governing body of the authority.
(3) “Area served” means Miami-Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach Counties. However, this area may be expanded by mutual consent of the authority and the board of county commissioners of Monroe County. The authority may not expand into any additional counties without the department’s prior written approval.
(4) “Transit system” means a system used for the transportation of people and goods by means of, without limitation, a street railway, an elevated railway having a fixed guideway, a commuter railroad, a subway, motor vehicles, or motor buses, and includes a complete system of tracks, stations, and rolling stock necessary to effectuate passenger service to or from the surrounding regional municipalities.
(5) “Transit facilities” means property, avenues of access, equipment, or buildings built and installed in Miami-Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach Counties which are required to support a transit system.
(6) “Member” means the individuals constituting the board.
(7) “Feeder transit services” means a transit system that transports passengers to or from stations within or across counties.
History.—s. 1, ch. 89-351; s. 2, ch. 2003-159; s. 62, ch. 2012-174.