2014 Florida Statutes
348.966 Definitions.—As used in this part, unless the context clearly indicates otherwise, the term:
(1) “Agency of the state” means and includes this state and any department of, or corporation, agency, or instrumentality heretofore or hereafter created, designated, or established by, this state.
(2) “Authority” means the Santa Rosa Bay Bridge Authority.
(3) “Bonds” means and includes the notes, bonds, refunding bonds, or other evidences of indebtedness or obligations, in either temporary or definitive form, which the authority is authorized to issue pursuant to this part.
(4) “County” means Santa Rosa County.
(5) “Department” means the Department of Transportation.
(6) “Division” means the Division of Bond Finance of the State Board of Administration.
(7) “Federal agency” means and includes the United States, the President of the United States, and any department of, or corporation, agency, or instrumentality heretofore or hereafter created, designated, or established by, the United States.
(8) “Lease-purchase agreement” means a lease-purchase agreement which the authority is authorized to enter with the Department of Transportation pursuant to this part.
(9) “Members” means the governing body of the authority, and “member” means one of the individuals constituting such governing body.
(10) “Receipts” means all tolls, revenues, rates, fees, charges, rentals, contributions, grants, advances, and other sums or receipts of the authority derived from any source whatsoever, including amounts received pursuant to any lease-purchase agreement between the authority and the department and amounts received as a result of any arrangement entered into by the authority pursuant to s. 348.973.
(11) “Santa Rosa Bay Bridge System” means a bridge between Red Fish Point on the mainland and Garcon Point on the cape, which may include an eventual connection to Santa Rosa Island, together with any and all appurtenant facilities, approaches, and avenues of access.
History.—s. 1, ch. 84-354; s. 136, ch. 92-152; s. 295, ch. 92-279; s. 55, ch. 92-326.