2014 Florida Statutes
483.801 Exemptions.—This part applies to all clinical laboratories and clinical laboratory personnel within this state, except:
(1) Clinical laboratories operated by the United States Government.
(2) Laboratories operated and maintained exclusively for research and teaching purposes, involving no patient or public health service whatsoever.
(3) Persons engaged in testing performed by laboratories regulated under s. 483.035(1) or exempt from regulation under s. 483.031(2).
(4) Respiratory therapists and respiratory care practitioners certified or registered under part V of chapter 468.
(5) Advanced registered nurse practitioners licensed under part I of chapter 464 who perform provider-performed microscopy procedures (PPMP) in an exclusive-use laboratory setting.
History.—s. 32, ch. 92-58; s. 21, ch. 93-178; s. 6, ch. 97-91; s. 163, ch. 97-264; s. 136, ch. 2000-318.