2015 Florida Statutes
494.0066 Branch offices.—
(1) Each branch office of a mortgage lender must be licensed under this section.
(2) The office shall issue a branch office license to a mortgage lender after the office determines that the mortgage lender has submitted a completed branch office application form as prescribed by rule by the commission and an initial nonrefundable branch office license fee of $225 per branch office. Application fees may not be prorated for partial years of licensure. The branch office application must include the name and license number of the mortgage lender under this part, the name of the branch manager in charge of the branch office, and the address of the branch office. The branch office license shall be issued in the name of the mortgage lender and must be renewed in conjunction with the license renewal. An application is considered received for purposes of s. 120.60 upon receipt of a completed branch office renewal form, as prescribed by commission rule, and the required fees.
(3) A branch office license must be renewed at the time of renewing the mortgage lender license. A nonrefundable fee of $225 per branch office must be submitted at the time of renewal. To renew a branch office license, a mortgage lender must:
(a) Submit a completed license renewal form as prescribed by commission rule.
(b) Submit a nonrefundable renewal fee.
(c) Submit any additional information or documentation requested by the office and required by rule concerning the licensee. Additional information may include documents that may provide the office with the appropriate information to determine eligibility for license renewal.
(4) The office may not renew a branch office license unless the branch office continues to meet the minimum requirements for initial licensure under this section and adopted rule.
(5) If a licensed branch office fails to meet the requirements of this section for annual license renewal on or before December 31 but meets such requirements before March 1, the branch office’s license status shall be changed to “failed to renew” pending review and renewal by the office. A nonrefundable reinstatement fee of $225 shall be charged in addition to registry fees. The license status shall not be changed until the requirements of this section are met and all fees are paid. If the licensee fails to meet the requirements of this section and pay all required fees before March 1, such license is expired and such branch office must apply for a new mortgage lender branch office license under this section.
History.—ss. 37, 50, ch. 91-245; s. 4, ch. 91-429; s. 22, ch. 99-213; s. 541, ch. 2003-261; s. 19, ch. 2006-213; s. 49, ch. 2009-241; s. 111, ch. 2010-5; s. 48, ch. 2014-91.