- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2015 Florida Statutes
Service of process.
Service of process.
721.265 Service of process.—
(1) In addition to the methods of service provided for in the Florida Rules of Civil Procedure and the Florida Statutes, service of process may be made by delivering a copy of the process to the director of the division, which shall be binding upon the defendant or respondent, if:
(a) The plaintiff, which may be the division, immediately sends a copy of the process and the pleading by certified mail to the defendant or respondent at her or his last known address.
(b) The plaintiff files an affidavit of compliance with this section on or before the return date of the process or within the time set by the court.
(2) If any person, including any nonresident of this state, allegedly engages in conduct prohibited by this chapter, or by any rule or order of the division, and has not filed a consent to service of process, and personal jurisdiction over her or him cannot otherwise be obtained in this state, the director shall be authorized to receive service of process in any noncriminal proceeding against that person or her or his successor which grows out of the conduct and which is brought under this chapter or any rule or order of the division. The process shall have the same force and validity as if personally served. Notice shall be given as provided in subsection (1).
(3) In addition to any means recognized by law, substituted service of process on timeshare purchasers in receivership proceedings may be made in accordance with s. 721.85(1).
History.—s. 16, ch. 95-274; s. 904, ch. 97-102; s. 12, ch. 98-36.