- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2016 Florida Statutes
627.420 Binders.—Binders or other contracts for temporary property, marine, casualty, or surety insurance may be made orally or in writing, and shall be deemed to include all the usual terms of the policy as to which the binder was given together with such applicable endorsements as are designated in the binder, except as superseded by the clear and express terms of the binder. No notice of cancellation or notice of nonrenewal otherwise required by this chapter shall be required unless the duration of the binder exceeds 60 days. However, for purposes of ss. 627.728 and 627.7281, an insurer shall give 5 days’ prior notice of cancellation of a binder, unless the binder is replaced by a policy or another binder in the same or another company.
History.—s. 469, ch. 59-205; s. 3, ch. 76-168; s. 1, ch. 77-457; ss. 2, 3, ch. 81-318; ss. 377, 809(2nd), ch. 82-243; s. 79, ch. 82-386; s. 1, ch. 85-51; s. 114, ch. 92-318.