2019 Florida Statutes
576.151 Prohibited acts.—The following acts are prohibited:
(1) The dissemination of any false advertisement or advertising matter with reference to the distribution or sale of fertilizer.
(2) The refusal to permit entry or inspection or the taking of samples.
(3) The removal or disposal of a detained or “stop-sale” lot of fertilizer or the stop-sale order.
(4) The detaching, altering, defacing or destruction, in whole or in part, of any label or labeling provided for in this law or rules adopted hereunder.
(5) The placing or causing to be placed on labels any false advertisement or misleading statement.
(6) The misbranding of fertilizer.
(7) The forging, counterfeiting, simulating, falsely representing, or improper use of any label authorized or required by s. 576.031, or any rule or regulation.
(8) The sale of any material as a fertilizer or as an ingredient of any mixed fertilizer showing an activity of water-insoluble nitrogen less than prescribed by the Association of Official Analytical Chemists. Fertilizer not defined by the Association of American Plant Food Control Officials may be distributed as fertilizer, provided the licensee furnishes an acceptable definition, Association of Official Analytical Chemists analysis, or other appropriate method of analysis and provides efficacy studies with appropriate controls that have been generated in accordance with good scientific practices whose results have been peer reviewed and published in a generally available scientific journal or have been reviewed and recognized by the research department of an accredited agricultural college or university. The data must clearly quantify and demonstrate a beneficial plant growth response attributable to the fertilizer material when it is used in accordance with the manufacturer’s or distributor’s recommendations.
(9) The failure or refusal to do or perform any affirmative provision or the doing or performing of any prohibited provision of this chapter or of any rule adopted pursuant to this chapter.
History.—s. 1, ch. 65-348; s. 7, ch. 76-35; ss. 16, 19, ch. 92-143; ss. 9, 11, ch. 97-6.