2020 Florida Statutes
597.0015 Definitions.—For purposes of this chapter, the following terms shall have the following meanings:
(1) “Aquaculture” means the cultivation of aquatic organisms.
(2) “Aquaculture producers” means those persons engaging in the production of aquaculture products and certified under s. 597.004.
(3) “Aquaculture products” means aquatic organisms and any product derived from aquatic organisms that are owned and propagated, grown, or produced under controlled conditions. Such products do not include organisms harvested from the wild for depuration, wet storage, or relay for purification.
(4) “Commissioner” means the Commissioner of Agriculture.
(5) “Department” means the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services.
History.—s. 7, ch. 91-187; s. 23, ch. 96-247; s. 10, ch. 99-390.