- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2021 Florida Statutes (Including 2021B Session)
626.914 Definitions.—As used in this Surplus Lines Law, the term:
(1) “Surplus lines agent” means an individual licensed as provided in this part to handle the placement of insurance coverages with unauthorized insurers and to place such coverages with authorized insurers as to which the licensee is not licensed as an agent.
(2) “Eligible surplus lines insurer” means an unauthorized insurer which has been made eligible by the office to issue insurance coverage under this Surplus Lines Law.
(3) “To export” means to place, in an unauthorized insurer under this Surplus Lines Law, insurance covering a subject of insurance resident, located, or to be performed in this state.
(4) “Diligent effort” means seeking coverage from and having been rejected by at least three authorized insurers currently writing this type of coverage and documenting these rejections. However, if the residential structure has a dwelling replacement cost of $700,000 or more, the term means seeking coverage from and having been rejected by at least one authorized insurer currently writing this type of coverage and documenting this rejection.
History.—s. 353, ch. 59-205; s. 2, ch. 81-318; ss. 298, 318, 807, ch. 82-243; ss. 162, 206, 207, ch. 90-363; s. 4, ch. 91-429; s. 1015, ch. 2003-261; s. 5, ch. 2007-90; s. 9, ch. 2019-108.