CS/HB 511: School Districts [SPCC]
GENERAL BILL by Schools & Learning Council ; Kendrick ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Richardson ; Poppell ; Grimsley ; Bogdanoff ; Ambler
School Districts [SPCC]; provides criteria for designating academically high-performing school districts; provides exceptions for such districts to be exempt from certain statutes & rules; provides for notice concerning property & casualty insurance costs; provides criteria for using district school tax funds; authorizes use of funds for specified purposes, etc. Creates 1003.621; amends 200.065, 1011.71,.73.
Last Action: 6/19/2007 - Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2007-194; See also CS/SB 1046 (Ch. 2007-59)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Schools & Learning Council; Policy & Budget Council
• Referred to K-12 (SL) by Schools & Learning Council
• Introduced, referred to Schools & Learning Council; Policy & Budget Council -HJ 00042; Referred to K-12 (SL) by Schools & Learning Council -HJ 00122
• On Committee agenda-- K-12 (SL), 03/20/07, 9:00 am, 212-K
• Favorable with 1 amendment(s) by K-12 (SL); YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -HJ 00231; Now in Schools & Learning Council -HJ 00231
• On Council agenda-- Schools & Learning Council, 04/10/07, 9:00 am, 212-K
• CS by Schools & Learning Council; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 00462
• CS read 1st time on 04/16/07 -HJ 00456; CS filed
• Original reference(s) removed: Policy & Budget Council; Placed on Calendar -HJ 00568
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Temporarily postponed, on 2nd Reading -HJ 00632
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -HJ 00775; Read 2nd time -HJ 00825; Amendment(s) adopted -HJ 00825
• Read 3rd time -HJ 00878; Amendment(s) adopted -HJ 00878; CS passed as amended; YEAS 119 NAYS 0 -HJ 00878
• In Messages
• Received, referred to Education Pre-K - 12; Finance and Tax; Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations -SJ 00781; Withdrawn from Education Pre-K - 12; Finance and Tax; Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations -SJ 00740; Substituted for CS/SB 574 -SJ 00740; Read 2nd time -SJ 00740; Read 3rd time -SJ 00740; CS passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 00740
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 00945
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2007-194; See also CS/SB 1046 (Ch. 2007-59)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.