CS/SB 1642: Education Accountability
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Education
Education Accountability; Providing definitions for the statewide, standardized assessment program and school grading system; revising criteria that necessitate a school’s improvement plan to include certain strategies; providing that a child with a medical complexity may be exempt from participating in statewide, standardized assessments under specified circumstances; authorizing bonus rewards to school districts for progress toward educator effectiveness, etc.
Last Action: 5/14/2014 - Chapter No. 2014-23, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 7031 (Ch. 2014-39)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education (AED)
- Appropriations (AP)
• SPB 7060 submitted as a committee bill (SB 1642) by Education
• Referred to Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Appropriations -SJ 220
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education, 03/12/14, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Introduced -SJ 220
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; YEAS 11 NAYS 1 -SJ 243
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 243
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 03/27/14, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 19 NAYS 0 -SJ 356
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 356
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/03/14
• CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 373
• Read 2nd time -SJ 435
• Amendment(s) adopted (129464, 287974, 602534, 864516) -SJ 435
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 439
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 490
• Amendment(s) adopted (261364, 784440) -SJ 490
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 490
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 832
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/29/14
• Received -HJ 832
• Read 2nd time -HJ 840
• Substituted for CS/HB 7117 -HJ 840
• Amendment(s) failed (337957) -HJ 840
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 884
• CS passed; YEAS 76 NAYS 42 -HJ 885
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 880
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2014-23, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 7031 (Ch. 2014-39)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.