CS/SB 828: Court System
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary ; Bradley
Court System; Repealing provisions relating to a prohibition on the practice of law by a retired justice of the Supreme Court; excluding retired judges practicing law from the Conference of Circuit Judges of Florida; removing a requirement that circuit court judges attend and participate in such conference; revising the number of members of the Judicial Qualifications Commission to conform to requirements of the State Constitution; authorizing the court to order any property, debt, or other obligation due the judgment debtor to be applied toward the satisfaction of the judgment debt, etc.
- Judiciary (JU)
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Judiciary; Community Affairs; Rules -SJ 66
• Introduced -SJ 66
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/11/14, 1:30 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 242
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Community Affairs -SJ 242
• CS by Judiciary read 1st time -SJ 249
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 03/25/14, 2:00 pm, 301 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Community Affairs; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 335
• Now in Rules -SJ 335
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/02/14, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -SJ 442
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 442
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/11/14
• Retained on Calendar
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/23/14
• Retained on Special Order Calendar -SJ 583
• Read 2nd time -SJ 609
• Amendment(s) adopted (166104, 368874) -SJ 610
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 610
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 695
• Amendment(s) adopted (787398) -SJ 695
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 36 NAYS 0 -SJ 696
• Immediately certified -SJ 696
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 782
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/28/14
• Received -HJ 782
• Read 2nd time -HJ 803
• Substituted for CS/HB 7003 -HJ 803
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 814
• CS passed; YEAS 115 NAYS 1 -HJ 815
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 778
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2014-182
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.