CS/SB 552: Child Support
GENERAL BILL by Criminal Justice ; Bracy
Child Support; Citing this act as the "Florida Responsible Parent Act"; providing additional circumstances under which an obligor who fails to pay child support may avoid suspension of his or her driver license and motor vehicle registration, etc.
- Criminal Justice (CJ)
- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs (CF)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Appropriations -SJ 76
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 03/06/17, 1:30 pm, 37 Senate Office Building --Temporarily Postponed
• Introduced -SJ 76
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 03/27/17, 1:30 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• CS by Criminal Justice; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 258
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Children, Families, and Elder Affairs -SJ 258
• CS by Criminal Justice read 1st time -SJ 261
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs, 04/17/17, 1:30 pm, 401 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 423
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 423
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 05/01/17, 8:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 17 NAYS 1 -SJ 602
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 602
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died on Calendar
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.