CS/HB 7069: Education
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations Committee ; Education Committee ; Diaz, M. ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Cortes, B. ; Donalds ; Fischer ; Roth
Education; Requiring the Auditor General to conduct annual audits of the Florida School for the Deaf and the Blind; requiring that the lowest-performing elementary schools be determined by specified assessment results; creating the Schools of Excellence Program; providing charter schools are eligible for capital outlay funds pursuant to specified provisions; deleting a provision requiring the Algebra II end-of-course assessment to be administered; creating the Florida Best and Brightest Principal Scholarship Program; authorizing all students, including home education and private school students, to participate in specified virtual instruction options, etc. APPROPRIATION: $418,950,000.00
• Referred to Appropriations Committee
• Introduced -HJ 357
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Committee, 03/29/17, 11:30 am, Webster Hall
• CS by- Appropriations Committee; YEAS 18 NAYS 8 -HJ 528
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 528
• CS by Appropriations Committee read 1st time -HJ 527
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/12/17
• Read 2nd time -HJ 619
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 644
• CS passed; YEAS 79 NAYS 38 -HJ 644
• Immediately certified -HJ 647
• Requests that the Senate pass the bill as passed by the House or agree to include the bill in the Budget Conference -HJ 647
• In Messages
• Received -SJ 403
• Referred to Appropriations; Rules -SJ 403
• Withdrawn from Appropriations; Rules -SJ 403
• Read 2nd time -SJ 403
• Amendment(s) adopted (223676) -SJ 404
• Read 3rd time -SJ 404
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 35 NAYS 0 -SJ 404
• The Senate having refused to pass the bill as passed by the House, acceded to the request for a conference -SJ 404
• Immediately certified -SJ 404
• In returning messages
• Bill placed in Conference (Appropriations Conference Committee) -HJ 902
• Bill placed in Conference (Appropriations Conference Committee)
• Conference Committee appointed: Appropriations Conference Committee: Latvala (Chair), Flores (Vice Chair), Baxley (At Large), Benacquisto (At Large), Bradley (At Large), Braynon (At Large), Clemens (At Large), Galvano (At Large), Grimsley (At Large), Montford (At Large), Simpson (At Large); Appropriations Conference Committee on Criminal and Civil Justice/Justice: Bean (Chair), Baxley, Bracy, Clemens, Perry; Appropriations Conference Committee on General Government/Governmental Operations and Technology: Grimsley (Chair), Bean, Broxson, Campbell, Garcia, Mayfield, Rodriguez, Rouson, Torres; Appropriations Conference Committee on Health and Human Services/Health Care: Flores (Chair), Baxley, Book, Passidomo, Powell, Rader, Stargel; Appropriations Conference Committee on Higher Education/Higher Education: Galvano (Chair), Bradley, Clemens, Farmer, Lee, Simmons; Appropriations Conference Committee on Pre-K - 12 Education/Pre K - 12 Education: Simmons (Chair), Broxson, Farmer, Grimsley, Lee, Montford, Rouson, Young; Appropriations Conference Committee on the Environment and Natural Resources/Agriculture and Natural Resources: Bradley (Chair), Book, Braynon, Hutson, Latvala, Mayfield, Stewart; Appropriations Conference Committee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development/Transportation and Tourism: Brandes (Chair), Benacquisto, Gainer, Gibson, Passidomo, Powell, Rader, Simpson, Thurston
• Conference Committee appointed: Appropriations Conference Committee on Pre-K - 12 Education/Pre K - 12 Education: Representatives Diaz, M. (Chair), Antone, Brown, Donalds, Fine, Fischer, Hardemon, Latvala, Lee, Massullo, McClain, Newton, Raburn, Renner, Russell, Sullivan -HJ 902
• Conference Committee Report considered -HJ 1276
• Conference Committee Report adopted (648555) -HJ 1276, 1318
• Passed as amended by Conference Committee Report; YEAS 73 NAYS 36 -HJ 1318, 1319
• In returning messages
• Conference Committee Report received -SJ 1314
• Conference Committee Report adopted (648555) -SJ 1361
• Passed as amended by Conference Committee Report; YEAS 20 NAYS 18 -SJ 1361
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -HJ 1642
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2017-116
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.