CS/CS/HB 481: Trusts
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary Committee ; Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee ; Moraitis
Trusts; Deletes requirement that trust be for benefit of trust's beneficiaries; revises requirements for notice or sending of electronic trust documents; provides AG has standing in certain proceedings; authorizes trustee to appoint principal of trust to second trust or supplemental needs trust; provides requirements for second trust & its beneficiaries; prohibits distribution of principal of trust in manner that would reduce specified tax benefits; clarifies that certain knowledge by beneficiary does not cause a claim for breach of trust or commence running of limitations period or laches; provides for retroactive application.
Last Action: 5/5/2017 Senate - Died in Judiciary, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 1379 (Ch. 2017-155)
Bill Text: PDF
- Judiciary (JU)
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 66
• PCS on Committee agenda-- Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee, 02/23/17, 9:30 am, Sumner Hall
• CS by Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 277
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 269
• Introduced -HJ 66
• CS by Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 264
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 04/06/17, 8:00 am, Sumner Hall
• CS/CS by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -HJ 597
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS/CS by Judiciary Committee read 1st time -HJ 596
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 601
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/18/17
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/19/17
• Read 2nd time -HJ 742
• Amendment(s) adopted (839065) -HJ 743
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 772
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 116 NAYS 0 -HJ 772
• In Messages
• Referred to Judiciary; Banking and Insurance; Rules -SJ 455
• Received -SJ 455
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Judiciary, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 1379 (Ch. 2017-155)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.