CS/CS/HB 1079: Child Welfare
GENERAL BILL by Health and Human Services Committee ; Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee ; Burton ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Harrell
Child Welfare; Requiring the Department of Children and Families to establish rules for granting exemptions from criminal history and certain other records checks required for persons being considered for placement of a child; authorizing the court to make certain determinations regarding placement of a child with a guardian; requiring the court, during permanency hearings, to determine case plan compliance; requiring the Florida Institute for Child Welfare to evaluate the implementation of the Guardianship Assistance Program; requiring a guardian to apply for a license with the department to be eligible for the program; revising the offenses that disqualify certain child care personnel from specified employment, etc.
Last Action: 3/27/2018 - Chapter No. 2018-103, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 5003 (Ch. 2018-10)
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee; Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee; Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 94
• Introduced -HJ 94
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee, 01/17/18, 8:30 am, 12 HOB
• CS by Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 389
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 378
• Now in Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 391
• On Committee agenda-- Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee, 02/06/18, 9:30 am, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 535
• Now in Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 535
• On Committee agenda-- Health and Human Services Committee, 02/15/18, 8:30 am, Morris Hall
• CS/CS by- Health and Human Services Committee; YEAS 19 NAYS 0 -HJ 614
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS/CS by Health and Human Services Committee read 1st time -HJ 613
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 680
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/02/18
• Read 2nd time -HJ 802, 803
• Amendment(s) adopted (485041, 588193) -HJ 803
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Temporarily postponed, on 3rd Reading -HJ 860
• Temporarily postponed, on 3rd Reading -HJ 954
• Read 3rd time -HJ 1024, 1025
• Amendment(s) adopted (080479) -HJ 1025, 1035
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 114 NAYS 0 -HJ 1035
• In Messages
• Referred to Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; Appropriations -SJ 878
• Received -SJ 878
• Withdrawn from Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; Appropriations -SJ 843
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 879
• Substituted for CS/CS/SB 1360 -SJ 844
• Read 2nd time -SJ 844
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 898, 899
• CS passed; YEAS 37 NAYS 0 -SJ 899
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1112
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2018-103, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 5003 (Ch. 2018-10)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.