The Senate has convened, unilaterally, in Special Session for the sole purpose of consideration of Executive Order 19-14.
CS/SB 278: Public Records/Department of State
PUBLIC RECORDS/GENERAL BILL by Governmental Oversight and Accountability ; Hutson ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Baxley
Public Records/Department of State ; Providing an exemption from public records requirements for certain information received by the Department of State from another state or the District of Columbia which is confidential or exempt pursuant to the laws of that jurisdiction; providing for future legislative review and repeal of the exemption; providing a statement of public necessity, etc.
Last Action: 2/8/2018 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 87 (Ch. 2018-33), CS/HB 85 (Ch. 2018-32) -SJ 314
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Ethics and Elections (EE)
- Governmental Oversight and Accountability (GO)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Ethics and Elections; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 25
• On Committee agenda-- Ethics and Elections, 11/07/17, 2:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Ethics and Elections; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 102
• Now in Governmental Oversight and Accountability -SJ 102
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 12/05/17, 10:00 am, 401 Senate Office Building
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 103
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Rules -SJ 103
• Introduced -SJ 25
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Accountability read 1st time -SJ 95
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 02/01/18, 11:30 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 296
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 296
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/08/18 -SJ 336
• Read 2nd time -SJ 314
• Substituted CS/HB 87 -SJ 314
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 87 (Ch. 2018-33), CS/HB 85 (Ch. 2018-32) -SJ 314
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.