CS/HB 631: Possession of Real Property
GENERAL BILL by Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee ; Edwards-Walpole ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Roth
Possession of Real Property; Authorizes person with superior right to possession of real property to recover possession by ejectment; provides that person entitled to possession of real property has cause of action to regain possession from another person who obtained possession of real property by forcible entry, unlawful entry, or unlawful detainer; prohibits local government from enacting or enforcing ordinance or rule based on customary use; provides an exception; creates, revises, & repeals related procedural provisions.
• Referred to Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 56
• On Committee agenda-- Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee, 01/10/18, 8:30 am, Sumner Hall
• Introduced -HJ 56
• CS by Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 1 -HJ 313
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 307, 308
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 345
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 01/25/18, 9:00 am, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 15 NAYS 3 -HJ 441
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 441
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/14/18
• Read 2nd time -HJ 571
• Read 3rd time -HJ 571
• Temporarily postponed, on 3rd Reading -HJ 571
• Amendment(s) adopted (645239) -HJ 586
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 92 NAYS 14 -HJ 586
• In Messages
• Referred to Judiciary; Community Affairs; Rules -SJ 377
• Received -SJ 377
• Withdrawn from Judiciary; Community Affairs; Rules -SJ 688
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 688
• Substituted for CS/SB 804 -SJ 689
• Read 2nd time -SJ 689
• Amendment(s) adopted (296326) -SJ 689
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 769
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 29 NAYS 7 -SJ 769, 770
• In returning messages
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (296326) -HJ 1107, 1109
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 95 NAYS 17 -HJ 1109, 1110
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -HJ 1110
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2018-94
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.