HB 6005: Possession of Firearms on School Property
GENERAL BILL by Byrd ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Roach ; Sabatini
Possession of Firearms on School Property; Revises provisions relating to possession of firearms in student campus parking.
Last Action: 5/3/2019 House - Died in Education Committee
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Criminal Justice Subcommittee; Education Committee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 267
• Introduced -HJ 267
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice Subcommittee, 03/12/19, 8:30 am, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by Criminal Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 10 NAYS 3 -HJ 414
• Now in Education Committee -HJ 414
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Education Committee
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.