SB 1092: Fire Prevention and Control
GENERAL BILL by Bean ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Perry
Fire Prevention and Control; Creating the Firefighter Cancer Decontamination Equipment Grant Program within the Division of State Fire Marshal of the Department of Financial Services for certain purposes; requiring the division to administer the program and annually award grants, and distribute equipment and training, to qualifying fire departments in a certain manner; requiring the State Fire Marshal to adopt rules and procedures; providing that an independent special fire control district has, and that the board of such district may exercise by majority vote, specified powers, etc. APPROPRIATION: $250,000
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government (AEG)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Appropriations Subcommittee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government; Appropriations -SJ 80
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 01/15/20, 10:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• Introduced -SJ 80
• Favorable by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 153
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government, 02/18/20, 1:30 pm, 110 Senate Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 326
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/27/20, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -SJ 357
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/06/20 -SJ 518
• Read 2nd time -SJ 481
• Amendment(s) adopted (584246) -SJ 481
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 481
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 529
• Amendment(s) adopted (592500) -SJ 530
• Passed as amended; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 530
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 1005
• Received -HJ 1005
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/10/20
• Read 2nd time -HJ 1050
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 1106
• Passed; YEAS 118 NAYS 0 -HJ 1106
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 725
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2020-96
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.