CS/CS/SB 1352: Transportation Companies
GENERAL BILL by Rules ; Innovation, Industry, and Technology ; Brandes
Transportation Companies; Defining the term “transportation network company digital advertising device”; deleting for-hire vehicles from the list of vehicles that are excluded from transportation network company (TNC) provisions; authorizing TNC drivers or their designees to contract with companies to install TNC digital advertising devices on TNC vehicles; defining the term “luxury ground transportation network company”; authorizing entities to elect to be regulated as luxury ground TNCs by notifying the Department of Financial Services, etc.
Last Action: 3/10/2020 Senate - Laid on Table, refer to CS/CS/HB 1039 -SJ 594
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Infrastructure and Security; Innovation, Industry, and Technology; Rules -SJ 100
• Introduced -SJ 100
• On Committee agenda-- Infrastructure and Security, 01/27/20, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by Infrastructure and Security; YEAS 6 NAYS 1 -SJ 214
• Now in Innovation, Industry, and Technology
• On Committee agenda-- Innovation, Industry, and Technology, 02/10/20, 1:30 pm, 110 Senate Building
• CS by Innovation, Industry, and Technology; YEAS 9 NAYS 1 -SJ 269
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Rules
• CS by Innovation, Industry, and Technology read 1st time -SJ 275
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 03/02/20, 12:00 pm, 110 Senate Building
• CS/CS by- Rules; YEAS 16 NAYS 1 -SJ 374
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS/CS by Rules read 1st time -SJ 377
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/06/20 -SJ 519
• Retained on Special Order Calendar -SJ 518
• Retained on Special Order Calendar -SJ 550
• Read 2nd time -SJ 594
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 1039 -SJ 594
• Laid on Table, refer to CS/CS/HB 1039 -SJ 594
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.