CS/SB 170: Time Limitation on the Prosecution of Sexual Battery Cases
GENERAL BILL by Criminal Justice ; Stewart ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Perry ; Harrell
Time Limitation on the Prosecution of Sexual Battery Cases; Providing that a prosecution may be commenced at any time for specified sexual battery offenses against victims who were younger than a certain age at the time the offense was committed, etc.
Last Action: 3/10/2020 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 199 (Ch. 2020-81) -SJ 586
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Criminal Justice (CJ)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice (ACJ)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; Appropriations -SJ 16
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 10/22/19, 9:00 am, 37 Senate Building
• CS by Criminal Justice; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 133
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice
• Introduced -SJ 16
• CS by Criminal Justice read 1st time -SJ 121
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice, 02/18/20, 1:30 pm, 37 Senate Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 326
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/27/20, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 19 NAYS 0 -SJ 357
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/09/20 -SJ 550
• Retained on Special Order Calendar -SJ 550
• Read 2nd time -SJ 586
• Substituted CS/HB 199 -SJ 586
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 199 (Ch. 2020-81) -SJ 586
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.